In order to make our school year go smoothly:
- Buena Terra offers all-day kindergarten from 8:05-1:35pm. On Thursday, Kindergarteners will be released at 1:15pm. School hours are from 8:05-1:50 for students in 1st-3rd grades and from 8:05-2:25 for student in 4th-6th grades. Thursday remains early release day where student in 1st -6th will be release at 1:30. Please be mindful of the time changes as you pick up your child/children. Please visit our website for additional information.
- For your child’s education please make sure your child gets to school on time (lined up at 8:05) and attends the whole instructional day.
- Please schedule doctor/dentist appointments for after school. If you child does need to leave early please send a note with your child in the morning.
- Please read the website and keep your phone number up to date so that you can receive the phone messages of upcoming events. The website and our Sunday night calls will be the primary means of communication. School policies and procedures (under parent resources) are on our website.
- Please save the information card in the back to school packet so you can plan using the school year calendar. Note that Back to School night is Thursday, August 30th at 5:30pm. You can sign up to receive text message alerts from the school by texting “Yes” to 67587.
- Money for student lunches or breakfast should be placed in an envelope and dropped in the box in the office or the MPR. (Please note it can also be done on-line at myschoolbucks.com) Students who wait to pay with cash in line will be placed at the end of the line to speed up service. Free/Reduced lunch application must be renewed by September 21st.
- If you bring your student’s lunch during the day, please place the lunch on the cart (located in front of the office) Lunches will be put on stage for students at their appropriate lunch time. Be sure to put the name of your child and the name of your child’s teacher on their lunches.
Your help and support of the school and your child’s education is greatly appreciated.
Dominic Nguyen, Ed.D.